Polaris Ranger World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Made Lift Kit

2 posters

Go down

Home Made Lift Kit Empty Home Made Lift Kit

Post by Handyhiker Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:14 am

Started installing my "home made" lift kit last night. It is just over 2" and hopefully will not cause any problems. I will post up some pics when I get it done. I have the back almost done and hopefully will do the front today.
Handyhiker
Handyhiker
PolarisRangerWorld Member

Back to top Go down

Home Made Lift Kit Empty Re: Home Made Lift Kit

Post by Handyhiker Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:41 am

Well got the lift done. It was a little more time consuming than I thought it would be. Mostly due to the difficulty compressing the rear springs without a real spring compressor. I used a ratchet strap and a bench vise and got it done, just took a little longer. I used a 2" PVC coupling as the main body and glued in a piece of 2" PVC to make the collar thicker. Here is a picture of the rear shock.

Home Made Lift Kit IMAG0172_zpsc50e2f62

This kind of shows the height.

Home Made Lift Kit IMAG0173_zps6c121f9d

I don't have a picture of the front yet, but I used the same set up the only difference is I did add an inner spacer to keep the spring centered on the strut. I am going to remove the front spring preload adjusters that I have because I really don't need them any more. This lift adds enough preload to the springs that lifting the plow now barely drops the front end. Plus, I just don't think with stock axels I can do any more lift than this. As it is, I am going to make sure the front differential is centered in the frame and add a washer/spacer behind the hub on the axel just to make sure. I will shoot a pick of the front end when I get it done.
Handyhiker
Handyhiker
PolarisRangerWorld Member

Back to top Go down

Post by liftec Sat May 10, 2014 5:32 am

You can make a Home lift Singapore made lift kit by adding stoppers into the springs on the vehicle. Make sure it handles well at this point, and if it does, go ahead and secure. thanks

liftec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down