Polaris Ranger World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring fluid change

Go down

Spring fluid change Empty Spring fluid change

Post by Handyhiker Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:37 pm

Every spring I change all my lubricating fluids on the Ranger. I always seem to have some metal on the magnets on the plugs. Last year I tried some new fluids, going to see what this change looks like. If it is greatly improved, I will post a list of the fluids I used. If not, I will go back and try again.
Handyhiker
Handyhiker
PolarisRangerWorld Member

Back to top Go down

Spring fluid change Empty Re: Spring fluid change

Post by Handyhiker Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:26 am

Finally got to do the fluid changes. Between work and a new puppy, haven't had much time.
So, this is going to make a lot of folks have opinions both ways, but here is what I now will do as my fluids for the Ranger.
In the front Differential:
I used the same oil as the engine plus 1/4 of the fluid is Lucas Oil Stabilizer.
I have almost zero metal on the magnetic plug and the differential worked all winter perfectly. Engaged in -10 degree instantly with no hesitation at all.
In the transmission/rear differential:
I used Synthetic 75w90 with 1/4 Lucas Oil Stabilizer.
Again, almost zero metal on the plug and worked perfectly all winter
In the engine:
T6 Shell Rotella with 1/4 Lucas Oil Stabilizer. The engine started and ran great. Seems a little quieter with this combo then straight oil.
I know many folks say that they would never use one of these "snake oil" additives. Well that's okay, to each there own. I can tell you I also use 1 quart of the Synthetic Lucas Oil Stabilizer in my 05 Ford 6.0 Diesel. It currently has 190,000 miles on it and started with out being plugged in down to 12 degrees. It also does not burn a drop of oil. I can say for sure, it does make a difference in the Ford. The engine starts quicker and runs smooth faster than with plain oil. I also like the fact that it makes the oil cling. I don't drive the Ford a lot and I like the fact that I don't have dry start ups. I also don't use the Ranger every day and hope that the combo will eliminate dry starts in it.
I do not work for Lucas or any type of auto supply business, this is just my personal observations. I am a believer in this product.
Handyhiker
Handyhiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Handyhiker Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:52 pm

Well as you would expect, this combination of fluids works great in the summer as well. Been on a few hard rides and no problems what so ever. To me, this combination is a keeper!! Very Happy
Handyhiker
Handyhiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down